(en) When will we see level 5 self-driving cars on the road ?
The debate is open Ben Dickson vs. Elon Musk
- Camera powered vs. lidars based systems ?
- Constantly updating deep learning models to deal with “edge cases” (or the long tail of problems)
- #AI still lack much-needed commonsense, causality, and intuitive physics
- What level of safety is acceptable for public vs. human error rate
- Does this need to rely on other tech (Geofencing, 5G, SmartCities)
- And off course when would we have clear rules and regulations, who's responsible for accidents when there’s no driver to blame and philosophical debates about accident scenarios
Details available from